By Using Our Site You Agree To The Following Terms Of Service
We’ve updated Section 14 (Cancellations and Refunds), effective January 5, 2023, to clarify that purchases of certain add-on products such as SiteLock are non-refundable. On 1/17/2023, we revised Section 15 (Resource Usage) to clarify our policy on resource usage and Section 24 to include new terms applicable to users of. Please read the terms below.
These Terms of Service (the "Agreement") are an agreement between Layten.net, LLC ("Layten", "us", "our", or the “Company”) and you ("User" or "you" or "your"). This Agreement sets forth the general terms and conditions of your use of the products and services made available by Layten and of the Layten.net website (collectively, the "Services"). By using the Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to use or access the Services.
1. Additional Policies and Agreements
Use of the Services is also governed by the following policies, which are incorporated by reference. By using the Services, you also agree to the terms of the following policies.
- Privacy Notice
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Copyright Infringement Policy
- Additional terms may also apply to certain Services, and are incorporated by reference herein as applicable. For example, if you register a domain name with us, then the Domain Registration Agreement will also apply to you and would be incorporated herein.
2. Account Eligibility
By registering for or using the Services, you represent and warrant that:
- You are eighteen (18) years of age or older. The Services are intended solely for Users who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Any registration, use of or access to the Services, by anyone under eighteen (18) is unauthorized and is a violation of this Agreement.
- If you use the Services on behalf of another party you agree that you are authorized to bind such other party to this Agreement and to act on such other party's behalf with respect to any actions you take in connection with the Services.
- It is your responsibility to provide accurate, current, and complete information on the registration forms, including an email address that is different from the domain you are signing up under. If there is ever an abuse issue or we need to contact you, we will use the primary email address we have on file. It is your responsibility to ensure that the contact information for your account, including any domain accounts is accurate, correct and complete at all times. Layten is not responsible for any lapse in the Services, including without limitation, any lapsed domain registrations due to outdated contact information being associated with the domain. If you need to verify or change your contact information, you may utilize the Layten Billing and Support Portal to update your contact information. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account. In dedicated server purchases or certain other cases, you may be required to provide government issued identification and possibly a scan of the credit card used for verification purposes. Failure to provide the information requested may result in your order being denied.
- You agree to be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place through your account. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and other information related to the security of your account.
- Any dedicated IP order in addition to those provided with a hosting package may be subject to IP justification. IP justification practices are subject to change to remain in compliance with the policies of the American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN). We reserve the right to deny any dedicated IP request based on insufficient justification or current IP utilization.
- The Service and any data you provide to Layten is hosted in the United States (U.S.) unless otherwise provided. If you access the Service from outside of the U.S., you are voluntarily transferring information (potentially including personally-identifiable information) and content to the U.S. and you agreeing that our collection, use, storage and sharing of your information and content is subject to the laws of the U.S., and not necessarily of the jurisdiction in which you are located.
Our Transfers Team will make every effort to help you move your website to us. Transfers are provided as a courtesy service. We do not make any guarantees regarding the availability, possibility, or time required to complete an account transfer. Each hosting company is configured differently, and some hosting platforms save data in an incompatible or proprietary format, which may make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to migrate some or all account data. In some cases we may not be able to assist you in a transfer of data from an old host. The free transfer service is available for thirty (30) days from your sign up date. Transfers outside of the thirty (30) day period will incur a charge; please contact a member of our Transfers department to receive a price quote. In no event shall Layten be held liable for any lost or missing data or files resulting from a transfer to or from Layten. You are solely responsible for backing up your data in all circumstances.
4. Layten Content
- Except for User Content (as defined below), all content made available through the Services, including images made available through website builder tools provided by Layten (the “Licensed Images”), designs, templates, text, graphics, images, video, information, software, audio and other files, and their selection and arrangement, and all software used to provide the Services (collectively with the Licensed Images, "Layten Content"), are the property of Layten or its licensors. No Layten Content may not be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, scraped, displayed, posted, transmitted, sold or exploited for any purpose in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, other than as expressly permitted in this Agreement. You may not, directly or indirectly, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code or other trade secrets from any Layten Content.
- To the extent applicable, you are granted a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable, license to use the Licensed Images solely in connection with the Services. You are prohibited from using any Licensed Images: (i) with pornographic, defamatory, or unlawful content or in such a manner that infringes upon any third party's trademark or intellectual property rights; (ii) as a trademark, service mark, or logo; and (iii) portraying any person depicted therein (a "Model") in a way that a reasonable person would find offensive, including but not limited to depicting a Model: (a) in connection with pornography, "adult videos", adult entertainment venues, escort services, dating services, or the like; (b) in connection with the advertisement or promotion of tobacco products; (c) as endorsing a political party, candidate, elected official, or opinion; (d) as suffering from, or medicating for, a physical or mental ailment; or (e) engaging in immoral or criminal activities.
- Any use of Layten Content, other than as specifically authorized herein, is prohibited and will automatically terminate your rights to use the Services and any Layten Content. All rights to use Layten Content that are not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved by Layten and Layten's licensors.
5. User Content
- You may be able to upload, store, publish, display and distribute information, text, photos, videos, emails, and other content on or through the Services (collectively, "User Content"). User Content includes any content posted by you or by users of any of your websites hosted through the Services ("User Websites"). You are solely responsible for any and all User Content and any transactions or other activities conducted on or through User Websites. By posting or distributing User Content on or through the Services, you represent and warrant to Layten that (i) you have all the necessary rights to post or distribute such User Content, and (ii) your posting or distribution of such User Content does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
Solely for purposes of providing the Services, you hereby grant to Layten a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), publish and distribute User Content; and (ii) make archival or back-up copies of User Content and User Websites. Except for the rights expressly granted herein, Layten does not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the User Content, all of which shall remain solely with you.
- Layten exercises no control over, and accepts no responsibility for, User Content or the content of any information passing through Layten's computers, network hubs and points of presence or the Internet. Layten does not monitor User Content. However, you acknowledge and agree that Layten may, but is not obligated to, immediately take any corrective action in Layten's sole discretion, including without limitation removal of all or a portion of the User Content or User Websites, and suspend or terminate any and all Services without refund if you violate the terms of this Agreement. You hereby agree that Layten shall have no liability due to any corrective action that Layten may take.
6. Chargebacks and Refunds
Initiating a chargeback will result in immediate termination of services and ban from all future use and purchase in Layten Hosting.
Refunds will not be processed for "End of Billing Period" cancellation requests. Your service will remain active until your next invoice would usually be due and you will not be charged thereafter.
Subscriptions that fall within our 48 hour policy. Refund requests will immediately terminate the service and delete all files when processed.
48 Hour Policy
You may request a refund on the basis that you have submitted an "Immediate" cancellation request and fall within 48 hours of the initial payment, and activation of your service. Refund requests should be requested via a Discord ticket. These refunds are only issued on a one-time per customer basis.
Refund requests that fall outside of the aforementioned 48 hours may be considered by the Company on a case-by-case basis and judged at the sole discretion of the Company.